Welcome to the
Calhoun County Public Health Department
Vision: "The healthiest community for life and living.
Mission: "Enhance our community's total well-being by promoting healthy lifestyles, protecting health, and preventing disease."
The Calhoun County Public Health Department (CCPHD) is one of 45 local public health jurisdictions in Michigan fulfilling the legal role as detailed in the Public Health Code. The scope of health care services provided include communicable disease, environmental health, and primary and preventive health care. In fulfilling the legal role as detailed in the Public Health Code, CCPHD works collaboratively with other community and statewide agencies and organizations sharing resources and addressing critical and emerging health needs.
CCPHD’s mandated goals are determined by the Public Health Code include:
- Monitor health status to identify community health problems
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health risks
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve problems
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety
- Link people to health services and ensure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable
- Assure a competent public health workforce
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of services
- Research new insights and innovative solutions to health problems
In 2013, the CCPHD began organization-wide Strategic Planning which is expected to be completed early in 2014. From these efforts, five strategic directions were selected including:
- Ensuring formal and continuous quality improvement,
- Developing and supporting a diverse and skilled workforce,
- Enhancing the CCPHD image,
- Ensuring decision making aligns with mission and values, and
- Engaging community voice to drive service delivery.
A copy of the final Strategic Plan will be posted once finalized.
For School Communicable Disease Reporting, click here.
Please call us at:
269-969-6370 (Battle Creek)
190 E Michigan Ave., Battle Creek
101 N. Albion, Albion
or click here to obtain additional contact/program numbers and/or Clinic hours.
Flu Clinic at Family Bible Church
Wednesday, October 22
2pm - 5:30pm
Famiily Bible Church
14495 N Old US 27, Marshall, MI