Clerk and Register of Deeds
Contact the Clerk and Register of Deeds Office at 269-781-0707 or Clerk-ROD@calhouncountymi.gov
Visit the Clerk's About Us page for all COVID-19 updates
- Planning, zoning, parks, MSUE, Economic Development: 269-781-0784 or email@example.com
- GIS Mapping: 269-781-0749 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recycling: 269-969-6395 or email@example.com
Staff reporting in person, office covered Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm, assisting the public by appointment only.
Corporation Counsel and FOIA
Contact Suscan Connolly at 269-781-0917 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff are reporting in person Tuesday through Thursday, 7am to 5pm, and Friday, 7am to Noon
- 37th Circuit Court: 269-969-6518, email@example.com
- 10th District Court: 269-969-6666; Civil, firstname.lastname@example.org; Criminal, email@example.com
- Probate Court: 269-969-6794, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Friend of the Court: 269-969-6500, email@example.com
Visit the Courts website for all COVID-19 updates and relevant executive and administrative orders
Contact the Equalization Office at 269-781-0745 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff are reporting in person. Staff can assist the public by appointment.
Contact the Finance Office at 269-781-0971 or email@example.com.
Finance staff (County Building, CCPHD) are working remotely and in-person. CCRD Finance staff is working remotely and in-person as needed.
Please contact Human Resources at 269-781-0980 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the public should set up an appointment to conduct business.
Ongoing 24/7 operations. Visitation with parents suspended until further notice. Some staff telecommuting when possible. Floor staff and cooks continue to report to support essential operations.
Visit the Juvenile Home website
Land Bank Authority
Contact the Land Bank Authority for appointments at 269-781-0777 or email@example.com
Land Bank staff are splitting time between the office and telecommuting, with in-office hours Monday through Thursday; the office will be closed on Fridays. Staff is available for appointments when necessary. Staff has resumed the majority of our work including maintenance and securing, demolition projects, property sales, and other related services.
Visit the Land Bank website
Call 269-969-6980 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff reporting in-person and working remotely as possible for reviewing criminal complaints and issuing arrest warrants and search warrants. Attorneys able to appear by telephone and video for hearings and other court events to continue per Courts' operational plans. Lodged defendants receiving priority with pretrials, settlement conferences, pleas and sentences continuing under these modified rules unless changed by the courts.
The Public Defender Office is open for scheduled appointments only. To the extent possible, hearings will continue to be held remotely as directed by the Courts. Clients will be notified if they need to appear for hearings remotely or in person. Staff continues to report in person and work remotely.
Public Health Department
Contact the Pubic Health Department directly at 269-969-6990.
- Clinic: Limited Family Planning services by appointment only (Albion HD open Mon & Wed (Call 517-629-9434 for appt.; BC HD open Tues & Thurs (Call 269-969-6363 for appt.)
- WIC: Providing re-certification and new client services via phone
- EH: Open up new construction permitting and virtual restaurant inspections and emergency servcies (e.g., no water, sewage on ground, restaurant fire); Type II receiving water samples
- CSHCS: via phone only (Call 269-969-6390)
- NFP: via phone and virtual visits
Staff working remotely and reporting in-person as needed. Full-time summer operations continue, including road and bridge maintenance, mowing, construction projects including Emmett Township local road improvements
Visit the Road Department website
Appointments can be made by calling Senior Services at 269-781-0846.
Senior Millage Allocation Committee meetings will be held virtually by Zoom until further notice.
Call the Sheriff's Office to set up an appointment, especially for finger prints. Call 269-969-6450.
Law Enforcement and jail operations are 24/7.
- Justice Complex – Our office will follow the opening strategy of the court and all other building office occupants.
- MRLEC – The building lobby is open. We are still encouraging all fingerprints by appointment only. Walk-ins are still accepted but significant delays may occur.
Contact the Treasurer's Office at 269-781-0807 or email@example.com.
All Staff reporting in-person.
The Treasurer Office is strongly recommending individuals pay with check and/or money order and utilize the drop box outside the County Building or mail in their payments. The drop box outside County Building is also encouraged for payments to any county department.
Looking for the COVID-19 Hardship Extension Application?
Contact the Veterans Affairs office at 269-969-6734 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointments only for services.
Contact the Water Resources department at 269-781-0790 or email@example.com
Staff are reporting in person with summer hours M-Th, and meetings will be held by appointment only.