Original DD214’s can be filed by any Calhoun County resident at our Marshall or Battle Creek office’s. Veteran’s can obtain up to 5 certified copies of their DD214 at no charge. Veteran’s who have lost or misplaced their DD214 and it is not on file with our county or the county where they resided when they were honorably discharged, can contact the Calhoun County Veteran’s Affairs office by accessing the following link for assistance in obtaining a copy. Click here for the Veterans Affairs website.
Veterans can obtain a Veteran’s ID card, for $10, when they file or present their DD214 along with a valid Driver’s License or State IDPeddler's License
A veteran's requirements, in accordance with Act 359 of 1921
- Must be honorably discharged from the United States Armed Forces
- Must have served at least 180 days of active service or have a service-connected disability as a result of service in the Armed Forces of the United States
- Is a resident of the State of Michigan
- Will be selling his/her own goods and the proceeds from the sale of goods will be used for their direct personal benefit or gain
- Shall display a sign at the place of sale that contains the following information in not less than 18-point boldfaced type:
- The name of the licensee
- The License number
- A statement in substantially the following form: “The profit from the sale of this product is for my personal benefit”.
- At the time of sale of goods under this act, a written statement of not less than 12-point boldfaced type shall be printed on or attached to the goods, in substantially the follow form: “The profit from the sale of this product is for my personal benefit”.
- This license is good for one (1) year and is NON transferable
- Local city or township ordinances or regulations may apply for sales
A Peddler License can be obtained by the Veteran along with a valid Driver’s License, State ID or Veteran’s ID in our Marshall or Battle Creek office at no charge.