Calhoun County Emergency Management and Calhoun County Consolidated Dispatch Authority use the emergency notification system called Rave Alerts. These official, real-time alerts to the public will have potentially life-saving actions they may need to take to keep themselves or families safe.
REGISTER using SMART911
Notifications will only be sent when the public needs to know:
- Emergency notifications (evacuation notices, missing persons, fugitives at large)
- Severe weather (in coordination with the National Weather Service)
- Traffic – if opted in (in coordination with Dispatch)
- Roads – if opted in (in coordination with the Calhoun County Road Department)
- Alerts can be targeted to a specific geographic area
- System is connected with the national Integrated Public Alert & Warning System, which allows us to send emergency notifications directly to phones if necessary
- Rave is a premier company used for emergency notification nationwide
- Easy for other local agencies to join and leverage mass notifications for their audiences as well
You will not receive advertisements or spam: This is only for official emergency notifications from Calhoun County Government and Calhoun County Consolidated Dispatch. Message and data rates may apply. Go to getrave.com for privacy and terms information.
Creating a Smart911 Safety Profile is beneficial, even beyond choosing which emergency notifications you'd like to receive. Owned by the same parent company as Rave Alerts, Smart911 is a free service that allows individuals to create a Safety Profile for their household that can include any information they may want dispatch and first responders to have in the event of an emergency, such as house layout, vital medical information you want first responders to be aware of, or who is in the household. With a Smart911 profile, your information will immediately display on the call taker’s screen, which saves critical seconds and even minutes in response to the emergency. (And it's completely private otherwise).
To sign up for emergency notifications, text CALHOUN to 67283. To also receive traffic alerts, text CCTRAFFIC. To receive alerts from the Road Department, text ROADS.
Or visit this link to create your Smart911 profile and sign up for notifications.