Landlord / Tenant


Landlord-Tenant cases are intended to handle disputes between landlord and tenants occurring within the county of Calhoun.

If you are renting a home, apartment, mobile home or some other building from someone, you are a Tenant. A Landlord is the person who is renting the home, apartment, mobile home or some other building to you. Both landlords and tenants have legal rights.

Landlord-Tenant cases include such actions as:

  • Non-payment of rent
  • Terminations (evictions)
  • Health hazard or injury to premises (eviction)
  • Land contract forfeitures and disputes.

If you want to start an action against a landlord or tenant you must begin by giving the proper notice and then filing the proper forms and paying the required fees at the clerk’s office.

For court forms that can be downloaded or filled in on-line and printed, click here!

Filing Fees

Type of Filing or Request Fee
Possession of residence $55.00
Land Contract $55.00

Money Judgment

Type of Filing or Request Fee
$0 - $600.00 $90.00
$600.01 - $1750 $110.00
$1750.01 - $10,000 $130.00
$10,000.01 - $25,000 $215.00
Calhoun County, 315 West Green Street, Marshall, MI 49068 | Phone: (269) 781-0700 | Employees Only Contact Webmaster Translate this page:
© 2019 Calhoun County. All Rights Reserved|Design and development by|Privacy Policy|Terms & Conditions|Site Map|Acrobat|Intranet|RSS |Facebook