Public Health Department
"...working to enhance our community's total well-being by promoting healthy lifestyles, protecting health, and preventing disease."
Pregnant with your first baby? Let us help.
WHAT IS NURSE-FAMILY PARTNERSHIP (NFP)?
Nurse-Family Partnership is a program for women who are having their first baby. If you enroll, a registered nurse will visit you in your home throughout your pregnancy and continue to visit until your baby is 2 years old.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAM COST?
Nurse-Family Partnership is FREE to all eligible women.
MY NURSE WILL HELP ME:
- Have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby
- Become a good parent
- Build a strong network of support
- Find ways to continue my education and develop job skills
- Set goals for my family’s future and find ways to help me reach them
WHO CAN ENROLL IN NFP?
Any women who:
- Is pregnant with her first child
- Lives in Calhoun County
- Is eligible for WIC or Medicaid
- Is before her 26th week of pregnancy
IT’S EASY TO GET MORE INFORMATION
Call the Calhoun County Public Health Department at 269-969-6392 or
visit one of the following web sites.