Return your Jury Questionnaire by mail or complete it online.
Click here to complete online
Juror Health Safety
- Jurors in the Justice Complex are not required to wear masks but it is recommended.
- A tight-fitting KN95 face mask is recommended for those who chose to wear a mask
- Please call the Jury Clerk if you are ill during your jury service term. 269-969-6533.
- Do not report on the first day of your term unless you are instructed to do so. Sometimes jury panels are not needed as cases may resolve just prior to the scheduled trial date.
- If you are needed at the court, Jury Services will contact you by email or text message the night before you are to report for jury duty. You may also check on your status by visiting e-Response or calling the jury line (1-855-509-5879) after 5 p.m. each evening.
- If you need to report to the court for jury service, the date and time will be provided to you on both e-Response/jury line - if there is no date or time listed, you do not need to report.
- Jury service terms are two weeks or one trial, whichever is shorter.
Tips for Reporting
- Arrive promptly with your Juror Badge
- Bring reading material, work, or a cell phone to use during downtime
- Charging may not be possible in the jury room so bring an extra battery if desired
- Coffee and water are provided and food and drink are allowed into the building if you prefer to bring your own but you must present your Juror Badge at the front door
Juror Reporting LocationReport for jury duty on the 4th floor of the Justice Center at 161 E. Michigan Ave., Battle Creek. If you are sick, stay home and call the Jury Clerk at 269-969-6533.
Contact Calhoun County Jury Services at email@example.com.
Income Tax Information: The county does NOT issue 1099s for jury service payment because it is lower than the threshold for required 1099 reporting. If you need payment information because you served on a jury last year, you may contact the Jury Coordinator who can provide that information to you.