The Communicable Disease Control Division is responsible for the epidemiological investigation, prevention, intervention, control and surveillance of communicable diseases in Calhoun County.
Emergency Preparedness is dedicated to promoting a state of readiness and prompt response to protect the health of the citizens of Calhoun County during a public health emergency/disaster, including natural, technological, and terrorist events.
Food & Facilities
The Environmental Public Health Division licenses and inspects food service establishments, tattoo, and piercing facilities, campgrounds, daycare facilities, and more within Calhoun County.
Food Safety Classes
Permits and Licenses
Public Swimming Pools & Body Art Facilities
Environmental Public Health staff regularly inspect and permit public swimming pools and body art facilities across Calhoun County to prevent the spread of communicable diseases.
Well & Septic Water Testing
At the time of property transfer, wells and septic systems shall be inspected.
On-site water supply system evaluations
Inspections, Permits, and Licensing for Well and Septic systems
Tick and Mosquito (Vector) Surveillance and Reporting
CCPHD performs and surveillance for mosquito and tick-borne diseases in order to inform the public about preventative measures and control options.
[back to top]
2022 Vector Annual Report - Click here
Environmental Public Health Quarterly Newsletter
- October - December 2023 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Vector Update, World Food Day, National Lead Poisoning Week and Winter Preparedness)
- July - September 2023 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Septic Smart Week, Vector Program Update and Summer Food Smart tips)
- April - June 2023 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Hedgehog Portal, Ticks & Mosquito Season, Storm Safety and More)
- January - March 2023 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Radon Action Month, Vector Update, Winter Preparedness and More)
- October - December 2022 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Lead Poisoning Week, Indoor Air Quality, Food Smart & Chronic Wasting Disease)
- July - September 2022 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( Vector Program Update, Harmful Algal Blooms, Blood Lead Testing and more)
- APRIL - June 2022 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter ( 2022 Vector Program, National Public Health Week, World Hand Hygiene Day, & Pool Safety)
- January - March 2022 - Environmental Public Health Newsletter (Radon Action Month, Vector Program, Winter Safety, National Groundwater Awareness & World TB Day)