Prepare & take action for COVID-19
Plan Ahead & Be Ready
Calhoun Citizens should be prepared for the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak in their community. The community can take measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
Currently, a vaccine or drug is not available for COVID-19. Community-based interventions such as school dismissals, event cancellations, social distancing, and creating employee plans to work remotely can help slow the spread of COVID-19. Individuals can practice everyday prevention measures like frequent hand washing, staying home when sick, and covering coughs and sneezes.
Decisions about the implementation of community measures will be made by local and state officials, in consultation with federal officials as appropriate, and based on the scope of the outbreak and the severity of illness. Implementation will require extensive community engagement, with ongoing and transparent public health communications.
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - "Stay Home Stay Safe" (3-23-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Temporary closure of hair, nail, and tanning salons, and other non-essential personal care services (3-21-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Temporary suspension of evictions (3-20-20)
- Governor Whitmer orders a temporary restriction on non-essential medical and dental procedures (3-20-20)
- The President's Coronavirus Guidelines for America: 15 Days to Slow the Spread (3-19-20)
- FREE condoms available at the front lobby of Battle Creek's Toeller building. (3-18-20)
- Find FREE meals for children during the school closure through the MI Department of Education (3-17-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Temporary Prohibition on Large Assemblages and Events Over 50 People (3-17-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Temporary closure of bars, theaters, casinos, and other public spaces; limiting restaurants to delivery and carry-out (3-16-20)
- FREE .pdf of Public Health children's activities & lesson plan (3-16-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Enhanced restrictions of price gouging (3-15-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Clarifying restrictions on entry into care facilities, juvenile and justice facilities (3-14-20)
- Executive Order from Governor Whitmer - Temporary prohibition on large assemblages and events, temporary school closures (3-13-20)
- Declaration of State of Emergency from Governor Whitmer (3-10-20)
- COVID-19 explained in Burmese (pt 1) [VIDEO]
- COVID-19 explained in Burmese (pt 2) [VIDEO]