Senior Millage-Funded Services

Senior Millage-Funded Programs

Information and Referral: Call 2-1-1 on any phone OR or (800) 563-5432 OR CareWell Services SW Health Access Hub (269) 441-0973

Adult Day Care:   Provides social activities and medical monitoring for seniors in need of daytime supervision.  Low-income seniors are the service priority.  Contact Marian E. Burch Adult Day Care Center, (269) 962-1750
Bed Bug Remediation:  Assist low-income senior homeowners with reatment for bed bugs.  Contact: Senior Services of SWMi, (866) 200-8877
Community Care Options:  Homemaking assistance, meal preparation, and non-medical personal support.  Contact Senior Health Partners, (269) 441-0948
Dental Exams & Services:  Dentures, extractions, fillings and other dental services are available to low-income seniors with no dental insurance coverage. Contact Fountain Clinic, (269) 781-0952
Guardianship Services: Serves as a probate court appointed "guardian" or "conservator" to elderly people who need assistance managing their personal and financial affairs. Contact Guardian Finance & Advocacy Services, (866) 963-3253 or (269) 788-1678
Handy Helper:  Provides simple home maintenance to improve, safety and accessibibility of the interiors of senior's homes. Contact Senior Services of SWMi, (866) 200-8877
Hearing and Vision Services: Hearing screenings, hearing aids, eye exams and glasses to help seniors increase their mobility and independence. Contact Carewell Services SW, (269) 441-0930

Home Heating Assistance:  Low-income seniors may apply for home heating assistance for any kind of heat (oil, gas, propane, etc.) to support independent living at home. Contact Community Action, (269) 965-7766 or (877) 422-2726
Legal Advice and Representation: Answer legal questions for seniors and offer attorney assistance when needed.       Contact Legal Services of South Central Michigan, (269) 965-3951 or (800) 688-3951

MEALS:  Home Delivered Meals available to homebound seniors in Calhoun County
Congregate Senior Dining Sites available through though out theCounty.  Contact Senior Service of SWMi (866) 200-8877 (X350 to cancel a meal.)

Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program (MMAP): 
CareWell Services SW Mi (Area Agency on Aging), Battle Creek (269) 966-2450 or (800) 803-7174
Calhoun County Senior Services, Marshall (269) 781-0846 Forks Senior Center, Albion (517) 629-3842

Minor Home Repair:  Repairs for low-income senior homeowners for health and safety maintenance of their homes.  Contact Community Action Agency, (269) 965-7766
Money Management Assistance: One-on-one assistance with finances to help maintain independance. Contact Guardian Finance and  Advocacy Services, (269) 788-1693, ext. 425, or (866) 963-3253
Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS): Provides homebound low-income seniors a personal electronic  device for emergencies. Contact CareWell Services SW Mi, (Area Agency on Aging), (269) 441-0930 or (269) 966-2450
Prescription Assistance: Low-income seniors may apply for limited assistance to afford needed medications.  Fountain Clinic, (269) 781-0952

Ramps:  Assists low-income seniors, who are homeowners, mobile home owners or renters with owners permission with mobility chalanges to build a ramp onto their home to be able to come & go safely.  Contact Battle Creek Area Habitat for Humanity, (269) 966-2505 Contact.
Senior Centers: Seniors can participate in recreational activities, social enrichment & health programs. Forks Senior Center - Albion (517) 629-3842       
Heritage Commons Senior Enrichment Center - Marshall (269) 558-6150 
The Kool Family Community Center - Battle Creek (269) 965-0000

Senior Fitness and Fun: Group health education, exercises, health screenings, fall prevention, and ongoing progress monitoring at a variety sites throughout Calhoun County. Contact Senior Health Partners, (Partnership of Bronson Battle Creek, CentraCare, Calhoun County Senior Services, Summit Pointe & YMCA), (269) 441-0948
Support Groups for Grief, Caregivers and Health Concerns: Contact Senior Health Partners, (A partnership of Bronson Battle Creek, CentraCare, Calhoun County Senior Services, Summit Pointe & YMCA) (269) 441-0948

Transportation: County-wide for medical, work, nutritional and recreation trips for seniors. Rides provided Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. 24-hour notice is required to arrange a ride. More notice may be needed to accommodate request. (NO income limits.) Contact Community Action, (269) 565-4144 or (800) 994-9876

For more information on these programs, you may call the listed providers directly or you may also contact the Calhoun County Senior Services at (269) 781-0846