Calhoun County's Treasurer's Office holds hours in Battle Creek on Wednesdays only.
From 8 a.m.-4 p.m., closed for lunch from noon-12:30 p.m.
At the Justice Center, 161 E Michigan Ave., Battle Creek, MI 49014
Additional contact information
County Treasurer Duties
The County Treasurer serves as the County's Banker and Investment Officer. The Treasurer's primary responsibilities are to safeguard public funds and to collect and account for the revenue used to operate programs for County residents.
- collection of delinquent real estate property taxes
- accounting of tax collections of the 28 local townships, cities, and villages
- agent of the Delinquent Tax Revolving Fund enabling the county to advance monies for delinquent taxes to the local units (minimizing the impact on their revenues)
- administration of Delinquent Tax Reversion involving title searches, property visits, court hearings, foreclosure and auction of properties
- administer dog license program
- collects and disburses hotel/motel accommodation taxes
- tax certification
- active leader in the Calhoun County Landbank
- authority to grant financial hardship extensions for principal residences facing property tax foreclosure.
Additional Contact Information
General questions: Delinquent taxes, dog and kennel licenses, and deed certification