If you prefer to mail or drop off your application a printable application (PDF) is available. Complete the application and enclose a copy of your dog's current rabies certificate along with your payment.
- Not Spayed/Neutered Dog:
- One Year License- $27
- Three Year License- $77
- Spayed/Neutered Dog:
- One Year License- $13.50
- Three Year License- $38.50
- Service Dog:
- No charge with property documentation
The price for licenses after the rabies deadline doubles. ( ie. One year spayed/neutered delinquent: $27
Items to Include with Completed Application
- A valid rabies vaccination certificate (with a vaccine licensed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture)
- If applicable, proof of spay/neuter
- Proof of Service Dog, if applicable
- All dogs must be licensed when they attain the age of four months. NOTE: Battle Creek residents living within the city limits must obtain their appropriate license at the city's office.
- One year dog licenses expire on the last day of the month of the dog's current rabies vaccination every year.
- Three year dog licenses expire on the last day of the month of the dog's current rabies vaccination, every third year.
- Microchip implantation and registration for dogs are available. For information please contact your local veterinarian, call the Michigan Department of Agriculture at 517-373-1077 or visit www.akccar.org.