Calhoun County Planning Commission
The duties of the County Planning Commission are as follows:
- Adopt a County Master Plan, review the Plan regularly, and make necessary updates as required;
- Provide review and recommendation of all proposed amendments to Township zoning and land use policy (including map amendments);
- Prepare an annual report to the County Board of Commissioners;
- Prepare special studies and plans, as requested by the County Board of Commissioners;
- Participate in applicable training sessions, conferences, or meetings in order to properly fulfill the duties of the Commission.
- Citizens at large
- Recreation and tourism interests
- Transportation and communication
- Sanitation, environmental health, housing and human services
Click here for the job description
Senior Millage Allocation Committee
The primary responsibilities are to:
- Work with Calhoun County Senior Services to allocate Senior Millage funding throughout the County in the most equitable, fair, and effective manner possible.
- Assess county-wide needs of older adults and existing services as the basis for setting funding priorities and making funding recommendations to the County Board.
- Collaborate with the Calhoun County Purchasing Department in the bid process, including evaluating bids received, and making funding recommendations to the County Board.
- Assess reports and other relevant information from Calhoun County Senior Services, service providers, and any other available sources.
- Monitor the integrity and effectiveness of the allocation, administration, and services processes for Senior Millage funding to ensure that the goals and mission of SMAC are being achieved.
- Ensure that Senior Millage funding is being utilized for the purpose of providing funds for planning, coordinating, evaluating, and providing services to seniors.
SMAC members must:
- Have the ability to dedicate substantial time and effort to devote to SMAC meetings and activities.
- Have varied talents, qualifications, and capabilities with a common interest in older adults.
- Be a resident of Calhoun County.
SMAC consists of 13 members that are appointed by the Calhoun County Board of Commissioners. SMAC should consist of a diverse body of individuals reflective of the geographic, cultural/ethnic and personal background differences in Calhoun County including senior/consumer representation. At least one, but not more than three members are County Commissioners appointed by the County Board Chairperson. All members serve without monetary compensation. A member from the Athens/Leroy Township area would increase the geographic area represented by SMAC members.
Please submit an application by clicking the link above. Applicants must be available for a panel interview at the Friday, June 10 meeting at 8 a.m.