Calhoun County Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
The duties of members of this DHHS board is to supervise and provide for the administration of the county’s medical care facility and child care institution; conduct, in conjunction with the state department, an annual review of social service programs operating within the county; develop policy and supervise the administration of social service programs authorized by the County Board of Commissioners or financed solely from county funds or county administered funds; development and administration of employment programs and work training projects; to review and submit recommendations on contracts involving programs administered by the state department proposed to be entered into between the state department and public or private agencies within the county.
Learn more on the list of committees.
Calhoun County Planning Commission
The duties of the County Planning Commission are as follows:
- Adopt a County Master Plan, review the Plan regularly, and make necessary updates as required;
- Provide review and recommendation of all proposed amendments to Township zoning and land use policy (including map amendments);
- Prepare an annual report to the County Board of Commissioners;
- Prepare special studies and plans, as requested by the County Board of Commissioners;
- Participate in applicable training sessions, conferences, or meetings in order to properly fulfill the duties of the Commission.
- Citizens at large
- Recreation and tourism interests
- Transportation and communication
- Sanitation, environmental health, housing and human services
Click here for the job description